Best DIY Hair Conditioning Spray
My littlest one has long hair. And it’s a mix of crazy-wavy-curly, so each morning we have to tame the mess before school! I love DIY (only if it’s easy!), because I can control the ingredients and I know they are all safe and gentle. This is our favorite recipe using Young Living essential oils. It’s nourishing and helps with the dreaded detangling.
Why I started paying attention to what’s in our hair care products?
Did you know that traditional personal care products (hair care, lotion, shampoo, makeup, etc.) has a host of ingredients that are bad for our bodies? Yuck, right? I don’t want to put them on myself, and I CERTAINLY don’t want to put them on my babies. Learn more HERE from the EWG on what to look for and what to avoid. The good news is it is pretty easy to DIY most things! AND, saves $$$ too. Win-win.
What you will need:
- A 1 ounce spray bottle (get them HERE)
- 5 drops of Geranium essential oil
- 5 drops of Lavender essential oil
- 5 drops of Rosemary essential oil
- Witch Hazel (THIS is the kind I use)
- Distilled Water
- Add essential oils and a splash of Witch Hazel (I’m really not detailed with it!) to spray bottle.
- Fill to the rest of the way with Distilled Water (make sure to leave room to insert your sprayer!)
- Shake well before using. Spray on to wet or dry hair.
We use this daily! Added bonus – the Lavender and Rosemary essential oils will help keep away unwanted “guests”. *Wink, wink!* If you want to know more, I talked about this spray and how the ingredients work in THIS Revolution Oils Podcast all about Tea Tree oil!
I would love to hear how you like this one if you try it!
Get Young Living essential oils HERE to use in your home and start your journey to toxin-free wellness!